Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameComfort Food
Topic subjectRE: Anyone out there ?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=100&topic_id=134&mesg_id=164
164, RE: Anyone out there ?
Posted by Sjones, Wed Aug-27-08 05:29 AM
I agree that you have gotten some great advice, and I strongly encourage you to take advantage of the local FREE resources like SBDC and also SCORE. They have helped me with every aspect of starting our business, patent filings, financials, etc. We love our advisors and they are available to us for as long as we need them. You might consider getting on their e-mail list so you can receive notices as they have lots of free classes as well as some at a very low cost.

I can tell you from experience that really doing the research, figuring out your costs, finding out if there truly is a market for your product/service is huge. (SBDC offers a free class that gives you the tools to do a feasibility study) which might be worth it if you haven't already.

When you have a question, don't hesitate to post it on Idea Cafe' - some many experienced and wonderful respond and have proven to be quite helpful for us as we still seek guidance!

So glad you are reaching out - best wishes for your success!