Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameComfort Food
Topic subjectRE: Anyone out there ?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=100&topic_id=134&mesg_id=138
138, RE: Anyone out there ?
Posted by holibyte, Thu Mar-13-08 05:02 AM
>I am new to this web site - posted a question over the
>weekend - even replied to myself to make sure it was working
>(so sad) HA!!!
>I have a great idea for a business -- but starting just seems
>so overwhelming - any suggestions for best VERY first baby
>step that I can build on from there -- I am determined to make
>this work !!!
>Thanks !

Honestly, my suggestion for the VERY first thing you do has nothing to do with your business directly. You need to establish your dream goal. Everyone has a different idea of what success means to them and the absolute best thing for you to do is write down (yes WRITE down, not type) exactly what you want three years from now, regardless of how those means are to be achieved.

It sounds a bit silly but if you keep your "dream" up to date and refer to it reguarly whenever you have doubt in your mind, feeling frustrated or wondering "why am I doing this?" ...this will give you the motivation and desire to keep moving forward.

It will get even more exciting as you progress and you start seeing your dream come to fruitation.

If you haven't done this, you're asking for a really hard, long road to being successful. There are of course always exceptions but for most of us folk (myself included), until I knew where I wanted to be I had no desire to overcome what I had to do.