Expert Answers to Biz Questions
Listen in! Pick up some expert advice to a reader's question that we selected from CyberSchmooz.
The Biz Question
I'm trying to find an outline on the start-up stages of a company. I'm thinking it starts with the Start-up, then Bridging Financial Stage, etc. I would appreciate it if anyone has any information regarding what the stages are. Wendy
Answer from our Guest Expert Peter Hupalo of Hupalo Ltd.
Here they are:
1) The "I want to start a business" Stage.
2) "No, really! I'm going to start a business" Stage.
3) "I'm running a business. Why did I start a business?" Stage.
4) "OH, NO! I'm going to go bankrupt, where will I get the money?" Stage.
5) "Hey, I'm making money. Cool." Stage.
6) "Great! Sales are picking up. I'm doing good business" Stage.
7) "Gosh! That's a lot of sales. How will we fulfill them all? Where will we get the money to grow?" Stage.
8) "Hello, can we borrow some money, or want to buy some stock?" Stage.
Then, go back to 4) and repeat.
P.S. Be sure to memorize them. There'll be a pop quiz later!
Author of Thinking Like an Entrepreneur
Have a biz question of your own? Go post it in CyberSchmooz
Meet the Experts
Copyright 1995-2021, Idea Cafe Inc. Downloads are for personal use only, not for resale to others, and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from Idea Cafe Inc. DISCLAIMER: We hope whatever you find on this site is helpful, but be cautioned that it may not apply to your own situation, or be totally current at any given time. Idea Cafe Inc. and all of its current and past experts, sponsors, advertisers, agents, contractors and advisors disclaim all warranties with regard to anything found anywhere on this family of websites, quoted from, or sent from Idea Cafe. and its related sites, publications and companies. We also take no responsibility for comments published by others on these pages. TRADEMARKS: The following are Registered Trademarks or Servicemarks of DevStart, Inc.: Idea Cafe®, Online Coffee Break®, The Small Business Gathering Place®, Take out Info®, Biz Bar & Grill®, Complaint-O-Meter®, A Fun Approach to Serious Business, CyberSchmooz, and BizCafe.