Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby The Daily Grind topic #259

Subject: "Credit Card debt" Previous topic | Next topic
BrianTue Dec-21-10 01:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Credit Card debt"

Before I begin, I do NOT wish to have ANY solicitations from those who are in any financial offerings!

With the economy going down the drain over the past 2.5 (+/-) years, I turned to credit cards to keep cash flow going and am now in considerable debt.

My business has seen a reduction in sales close to 100k per year for the past 3 years... (777k in 2006, 324k this year and in looking at my current credit card debt, I am just damn tempted to stop paying all of them and would see a 50-60% 'raise' so to speak in the cash flow.

I have never been late, never payed less then twice the minimum... but this is just wearing me out to the point where I could care less that I have a credit rating of 745.

As a test, I called one that has a little higher rate than others and told them that with the economy, I was strugling a bit and was told there was nothing they could do... Well, if they cant... I CAN !!

In the morning I will talk to my bank and get her thoughts... but I know what I would like to do.

Any comments and or ideas are quite welcome !

Thanks,

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

lizardbitesThu Dec-30-10 05:20 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Credit Card debt"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi, I saw your post and it reminded me of myself. You wrote in your post that you pay double the minimum on your cards. That's great, you can use that to you advantage.
Set a timeframe to only pay the minimum. Once the time runs out go back to paying double. It may "loosen your belt" just long enough so you can take a few breaths.
Don't let your credit get screwed up. It takes a long time to come back from bad credit.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby The Daily Grind topic #259 Previous topic | Next topic