Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #169

Subject: "please help with suggestions/ stay -at- home dad looking for legit online" Previous topic | Next topic
epa1022Fri Sep-15-06 07:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"please help with suggestions/ stay -at- home dad looking for legit online"

There is a sign in front of a business near my house that says, "Banks will loan you money as soon as you can prove that you don't need it." Aint that the truth... Anyway, I am a 40 y/o father of 4, the youngest being the joy of my life; my 3 year old daughter. She is the reason I fought to live and survived a near-fatal accident, when she was just three weeks old. I suffered multiple life-long injuries, mainly to the left side of my body, and although you can't tell now by just looking at me, I deal with consistant pain on a daily basis. If it's not my neck; it's my hip, it it's not my chest; it's my stomach, if it's not my back; it's my collarbone, or shoulder blade, or any of those combinations... I almost forgot to mention my memory, which is ok as long as I write things down. As a result of that my wife is the one who goes out to work every day, while I stay home and watch the little one. First off, I have to say that she is a helluva woman, and I'm very lucky to have her. However, because she is the major bread winner, and the way her family is set up, it causes some problems in the house..... I have a big strong healthy 21 y/o step-son who acts like he's allergic to work. No,wait, I guess you'd have to be near something to catch it, huh?! He probably hasn't worked a full month in about two years time. Anyway, it's caused a situation where "The King" as I call him, feels that I can't say too much to him. He sleeps as late as he wants. Comes and goes basically as he wants. And did I mention, the last time he's worked ANYWHERE, was more than 12 months ago??? I think it's because his mother is the one with the full time gig, and he assumes that I'm not really doing anything to help out. Or at least that's part of his game. I guess it's an honorable thing when a mother stays home with children, but not so much when a man does it. I do go out on the weekends and make a few dollars by finding items requested for and selling them to seasonal workers. Now, there are just so many people doing that, and again, it's only a Saturday and Sunday thing. Plus the stress these guy's put you under is incredible, for the money you make. Back to Mr Ambition,... I do express myself about his lack of effort, but feel that I can't say too much to his mother because I want to keep the peace with her. I have to be fair and mention that she's not happy about it either, but it seems that she tolerates it a bit more..... As hard as she tries not to do it, at times she's made comments discounting the contributions that I make in the household, not overtly, but in so many words. There's other times she will come home and tell me about the different women at work, or in my daughters class who are shocked, or, impressed that I clean, do laundry, or dress my baby and fix her hair. I'm sure that I am not the only man who has experienced this, and not to sound negative, but, I think it's just a womans way. Gosh I've babbled on a bit long, and still haven't really expressed myself the way I wanted to, but, I needed to get that off my chest.... Anyway, I am a veteran of the U.S. Army, and completed my obligation just before Operation Desert Storm began. I consider myself to be a pretty disciplined and dependable person. My interests are music and clothing, mostly urban, which are the types of things I would find for the workers, and hopefully I can continue to work in one, or both of those areas. An idea I've had is some kind of business converting peoples music and video to discs. I have no idea about costs, interests, nothing, I hope that someone with some legitimate idea or offer will contact me soon, preferably with something on-line, where I can work and still tend to my household. The operative word is "legitimate," because I'm not into taking advantage of people, since I know all to well how it feels to be taken advantage of . I can't afford to pay any crazy fees, as I'm already trying unsuccessfully to keep my head above water where my bills are concerned. I was told by a government agency that most reputable establishments normally don't charge money anyway, to get started. It's like a terrible joke that it seems there are different companies out there that prey on folks like me who are in a bad situation. I've lost more than a couple dollars, especially trying to find the right urban clothing, or electronics wholesaler. I am not looking for hand-outs or for any one to feel sorry for me, just for the opportunity to be able to make a few dollars to take care of my family, and re-gain some of my dignity. Once that happens, I'll be able to show my wife how much I appreciate her, for everything she does. More importantly though I'll feel good about myself and have the confidence to talk to "His Highness" about getting himself together and setting some career goals. I am not trying to get rich quick, and don't mind paying my dues, but, scammers, please stay clear; I don't have any more dollars to donate, or throw away..... Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon. eanderson10@cogeco.ca or epal1022@hotmail.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: please help with suggestions/ stay -at- home dad looking for legit online
Nov 27th 2007
RE: please help with suggestions/ stay -at- home dad looking for legit online
Apr 13th 2017

freejerkyTue Nov-27-07 05:13 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: please help with suggestions/ stay -at- home dad looking for legit online"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow...you have a lot on your plate. As I sit here reading your message and chuckling at times re-reading things to my husband whose watching TV behind me I felt drawn to respond. My hubby is 38 with 3 kids and has also had some major medical things happen to him (mostly in this last year). He had several strokes and some other brain thing happen that we have been in ICU on and off for a year. Since March we have been free of hospitals and are now trying to get back on our feet. He was out of work for about 9 months and it took it's toll on all of us. In the mean time I was really looking for something that I could do to bring in the money while he was home (I have always been a stay at home Mom) In the mean time my kids wanted to do something that could help kids that are stuck in the hospital or just really sick at home, since they saw what is was like to be in the hospital just by visiting Daddy.
That how I came across the company we are doing now Jerky Direct. We love it! There were several reasons I felt drawn to responding to you, but on of the reasons my hubby told me to write was about "The King" cause this is a complete family business (or at least it could be) Once I signed up myself then I signed up my kiddo and we all work together and sometimes seperately to reach our goals. It isn't a company that costs much...it is only $12 but you get so much. Another great thing I think you might like is we all work together so we all work as a family. That is my favorite part since I am a firm believer in helping others is a way to a great future. Feel free to email me and I can chat with you personally about it cause I don't want this to come off as a big sales pitch (although my husband just told me it already does) I don't mean it to be, I just know how much this can help a family and is great for all ages. I will give you my kid's website so you can see what they are doing but to hear a little more on the business side click on the other link at the bottom.
Good luck in anything you do and don't give up on "The King". He needs to "get up" and be thankful that he can, so he can "go" someday.

Laura and Brendan http://www.kidswithaheart.com (kids website):D

Laura
We are all about families helping families!
http://www.jerky4free.com
No Selling - No Parties - Any Age

monojoli1992Thu Apr-13-17 02:16 PM

#2. "RE: please help with suggestions/ stay -at- home dad looking for legit online"
In response to Reply # 0

I have tear t read that may god bless you. why you not appeal to government to help you. you deserve permanent allowance.
http://geometrydashonline.net/

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #169 Previous topic | Next topic