Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectRE: drive-thru newbie
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=719&mesg_id=723
723, RE: drive-thru newbie
Posted by Phanntom, Sat Jun-09-07 04:44 AM
Don't take that phrase personally, it wasn't meant to be, and having made it through law school you're certainly well equipped to forsee the problems most don't when going into a new venture.

Seattle has hundreds of these brew-thrus and they all seem to be thriving. I spent a few months up there on business and helped them to prosper. I did notice that virtually everyone was staffed by attractive young women. While I don't know if it was a part of the marketing strategy, it certainly didn't hurt business.

I think if it were me, I'd back into my businessplan. I'd start with my costs, both startup and on-going budget. From this I'd determine my break-even point. I'd then begin working on my marketing plan to create that level of business. I think given margins in coffee and the pastries if you have reasonable rent on the property and reasonable wages you should have a nice little business there. I know the people at my coffee/donut shop real well...I'll ask them what to expect....if I get anything worthwhile I'll post it here.
Good luck