Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectRE: where do I start?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=710&mesg_id=712
712, RE: where do I start?
Posted by ZeroGCreative, Tue Jun-05-07 05:04 PM
I believe that you by the clothes from people and them sell them and you keep the profit. I wouldn't suggest selling them for people and you keep a portion of the profit. On an economy of scale it just wouldn't be worth your time trying to keep track of all that! If you are looking for inventory to begin with, try posting on Craigs list under items wanted and describe what you are looking for. Also, an ad in the local paper under "wanted" would be good as well. Have predetermined prices based on each type of garment and size. That way it will be easier to process your purchases. Mark your clothes up accordingly. Hit up some garage sales...I am sure you will find children's clothes with tags still on them you can get for a steal.

Once the store opens, you will see you have the same people buying from you and selling to you...along with other just buying.

Where are you located? If you are located in a state where it is cold and gets a lot of snow, or has skiing near by...cash in on that market. Kids grow out of their winter boots/jackets/snow pants/skis every year! And that stuff is expensive brad new. Those items never get worn down that much either! People will keep coming back year after year to get there kids new ski pants and cash in on the other ones!!

Hope this helps!