Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectInsurance and Bonding Question
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=321
321, Insurance and Bonding Question
Posted by somepunk, Mon Jan-08-07 11:13 AM
I am looking into starting a Home/Apartment/Condo Insurance Inventory business in my area and in my research I have seen similar companies stating that they are licensed, bonded and insured.
Now I?ve been unable to find a licence for this type of work so if anyone knows I?d like to know what the license would be.
I am also unable to find where I would be able to be bonded and insured, if anyone has a company to suggest it would be very helpful.
Thank you all for your time

-D
322, RE: Insurance and Bonding Question
Posted by fsbosho, Tue Jan-09-07 05:03 AM
Hi D-

This is a great idea and something I considered doing too. As far as insurance and bonding, you only have to contact a reputable insurance agency and explain your business services and they'll tell you what they can offer to insure your business. As far as the "license" goes, just go to your local city hall/business registrations and fill out the forms. You will have to explain your services and pay a yearly fee. Well, you may have to check with zoning if you are working from home then go to business registration.

To my knowledge there isn't any formal training or licensing you need to do the business.

When I considered doing this I bought a camera to take photos of everything, looked for software for "home inventory" (it's out there
just look in professional organizing websites)and you might consider purchasing external hard drives to back up everyone's info and provide them with a disk of their info. So, in order to provide this service properly and professionally you must be bonded and insured.

--just my $0.02,
Shawn,
President
Essential Home Solutions, Inc.
www.essential-home.com
330, RE: Insurance and Bonding Question
Posted by somepunk, Thu Jan-11-07 12:09 PM
Shawn,

Thank you very much, that's the information I was looking for.:-)
If you don't mind sharing, why did you decide not to do it?
336, RE: Insurance and Bonding Question
Posted by fsbosho, Tue Jan-16-07 05:10 AM
I just went in another direction. I do believe it is a very viable business idea. It can be done especially if you pare it with professional organizing or garage organizing.
Shawn,
President
Essential Home Solutions, Inc.
www.essential-home.com