Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectClosing woes
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=2402&mesg_id=2402
2402, Closing woes
Posted by Firstmpressions, Wed Feb-19-14 08:50 AM
Hi everyone, I am new business owner, I began my business in May 2013. I have a home welcome service, not welcome wagon. My business has a two fold function. I promote area businesses to the new home owners I take the gift baskets to. All of my business make a gift bag with their information in it , they add a promotional gift and gift certificates. The gift certificates re designed to get the new hone owners to walk into the door of the business to try them. Ok so that is the basic out line of my business now here is my problem. I cannot get people to sign contracts or they sign and then back out. The common question I get is what is the rate of return, what will my return be for my investment. I can not answer this question. I am brand new trying to get a business of the ground and to grow. Everyone I talk to loves the idea but hesitates on committing. I am not sure if it is me, my plan, my presentation. I am so frustrated. I have had over 20 people who said they going to sign or did sign back out! I do not know what to do and have no one to turn to for ideas please help!!!! My girlfriend has been doing this business model for 4 years she has over 300 businesses and has a 98% retention rate of those businesses! It is word of mouth personal touch advertising! There is no reason for a business to not gain from this model.