Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectBusiness ideas
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=2378
2378, Business ideas
Posted by kionicole, Wed Oct-16-13 09:41 AM
I'm interested in starting my own business but so confused with where to begin.

I currently work as a High School guidance counselor in an inner city school. I provide counseling services to at-risk students with learning disabilities and emotional disturbance. Most of my occupations have entailed working within a school or in some form of a helping professional I however am completely turned off by the education system and want to do something that I would thoroughly enjoy.
In my spare time I enjoy selling clothes on ebay and poshmark, I've even took part in local flea markets. Many people feel I've should have embarked on a career in fashion I just have no idea where to begin and don't have much time to dedicate between my current career and, having a 2 year old and fiancé.
I often career coach with friends and family assisting with resume and cover letter writing I often think of starting a home based business as a career coach but feel awkward with my current status.

I have a BA in liberal arts psychology and an MS in Science and counseling. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.