Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectOverwhelmed by probabilities
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=2336&mesg_id=2336
2336, Overwhelmed by probabilities
Posted by Drgnhunter, Wed Nov-28-12 04:09 AM
Greetings

Recently I've begun the process of starting my own business, and while this has been an uphill battle, everything has gotten out of control.

The LLC that I had created is in the process of going from a few people to something a bit more structured. And, thus I have hit a brick wall as it were. So here is a bit of the details:

We were originally attempting to create a small convention based on some mutual interest in the Fine Arts. However it now has grown in little under a year into a multi-industry convention with a local business location for support outside of convention dates.

I find that I seem to be the only one working on this,and it is overwhelming due to my inexperience. It started out as a non-profit, but never made it out of the concept phase. Instead, it has jumped into a for-profit LLC venture. I'm struggling to keep up, however
the transition is what is stopping me.

I'm at a point of needing advice, as I don't have anyone to go to. As due to what market research I have done, I cannot find anyone in my local community to provide knowledge or support.

Background:
Volunteer firefighter of 17 yrs.
Event Coordinator of 3 yrs.

Haves:
partial inventory; existing as office supplies and IT equipment.
a little under 20 people who are willing to join the company
immeadeatly once transition is complete.
some seed money: rough 100k
partial business plan, 10yr goal base (was good before the transition)

Have Not's:
Budget in line with new environment
Accountant, and lawyer---Am I going to need both?
External financing---not sure if im going to need investors,
loans or other sources...
Additional income to spare monthly
Experince.. I'm walking in blind, I'm surprised I made it this far.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks to Todd for the idea on basic info format.