Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectNeed help from Fashion/Boutique store owner please!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=2316
2316, Need help from Fashion/Boutique store owner please!
Posted by dahlia, Tue Jun-05-12 09:38 AM
I am planning on opening a womén's clothing store. I am guessing that my monthly fixed expenses will be $3200 that means I will have to sell at least $5000 month of merchandise.

Is this feasible in this economy?

Is $5000 what a fashion stores makes a month?

How much does a 700 sq. ft. store pays in utilities bills (gas, electricity, water, etc.)?

How much inventory do you have to buy a month to sell $5000 if you are selling at keystone prices or 100%?

Basically I need some advice on how to run a fashion store.

Help! Thanks
2321, RE: Need help from Fashion/Boutique store owner please!
Posted by bizdev, Thu Jun-14-12 06:50 AM
Hi Dahlia,

So many questions! That's great that you have a basic understanding of the expenses involved with a retail shop. I used to own a franchise retail shop (children's/maternity) so I am well aware of the costs.

My first suggestion is that you complete a written business plan. Within that plan you will have all the questions and answers (including your questions above). You will know if this is a viable business idea. With the financial reports you will know what your expenses will be and you will project what your sales will be.

Be sure to use the SBA preferred format whether you intend to request a business loan or not.

If you need help with this task see the links in my signature. I specialize in writing AFFORDABLE business plans for the new entrepreneur.

Good luck with your plan!