Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectHas anyone every gotten a business line of credit from a bank ?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=2304&mesg_id=2304
2304, Has anyone every gotten a business line of credit from a bank ?
Posted by fdcarter, Mon Mar-19-12 04:51 AM
I plan on contacting my bank a short time from now to open a business checking account, and to apply for a business line of credit. I need the line of credit in order to provide me with an additional funding source that I'll need in order to purchase a few last products I'll be offering for sale at launch (est. about 3 weeks from now), to fund the creation of my website (already designed in full, just needs to be coded), and to purchase a shipping label printer I'll need, which will be a business asset that I'll be able to deduct from my taxes next year.

I've been with my bank a little over 12 years and have never had any major issues with them, but since my credit rating is terrible, I know I probably won't be able to qualify for a loan with them. My only real debt is my student loan debt, which is pretty high ($40,000 +), which I'm not current with, mainly because I've been spending a lot of money to get my business up and running (I've spent close to $7k since December 2011 so far on the business).

Has anyone had any success in obtaining a business line of credit from their bank, and if so, how much credit were you able to receive as a totally new start-up? (having no business track record). I still need about $2500.00 in funding. Is this a realistic number for me to ask my bank at this stage?