Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectRE: feeling stuck in start up and need help
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=1808&mesg_id=1892
1892, RE: feeling stuck in start up and need help
Posted by hostingdiva, Thu Aug-27-09 05:27 AM
I think my advice is going to be different from some of the people that posted before.

I have to be a bit harsh here because it seems that you need a reality check.

You specifically said, in your post, that money is a big issue. If that is the case then you need to get over your fear of looking cheap. Business owners do what is necessary to sell their product. If this means you have to get off your a** and go door to door to salons, then that's what you need to do. I'm not sure what world you come from but, in my world, going door to door and busting your behind in getting your business started does not imply cheap - it shows me someone who cares and is a hard worker. Last time I checked, being a hard worker is not the same thing as being cheap.

Until you make money, you don't have the luxury of being so picky. So, get off your behind and get to work. Otherwise, the only people to admire your top shelf products is your family.

People like Steve Jobs and Bill Gates had no problem starting in their garage and working on their hands and knees assembling computers. You can call both of those people unprofessional but, I think anyone would agree, that being as unprofessinal as them isn't so bad.

Good luck! ;)