Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectdollar store
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=1452
1452, dollar store
Posted by vickiejpowell, Sun Aug-10-08 06:01 AM
I am considering opening a dollar store in Va and have been searching for wholesalers for inventory. I'm wondering if there is anyone who has experience with these types of dollar item wholesalers. So many to chose from I would hate to make a bad start up decision that would set the store back right off the bat. Thanks for any help, suggestions or guidance. :-)
1454, RE: dollar store
Posted by zgruber, Mon Aug-11-08 03:26 PM
Hi!

I have never ordered anything from them but they look like a good website. Try dollardays.com. Let me know if they are any good.
1459, RE: dollar store
Posted by vickiejpowell, Wed Aug-13-08 02:35 AM
Thank you so much for the site. It is certainly a source I may be able to use. However, note for others in the dollar store business it does not cater to "dollar" items. To utilize this site for that sole purpose would be a time consuming. Please keep the suggestions coming as I am still in search of a supplier for a dollar store.
Again thank you very much :-)
1464, RE: dollar store
Posted by bizconsultant, Thu Aug-14-08 03:39 AM
Try www.koleimports.com And if you need any help with planning,financing and/or marketing feel free to contact me at ajones@abcsolutions.cjb.net

>I am considering opening a dollar store in Va and have been
>searching for wholesalers for inventory. I'm wondering if
>there is anyone who has experience with these types of dollar
>item wholesalers. So many to chose from I would hate to make a
>bad start up decision that would set the store back right off
>the bat. Thanks for any help, suggestions or guidance. :-)
1495, RE: dollar store
Posted by FinallyAWinner, Tue Sep-02-08 11:33 AM
You might consider going to the wholesale section on eBay. You could do a search for dollar store items. Or you could do an advanced search for items priced at under X amount. There is a lot of wholesale stuff there.

Hope that helps!