Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectHELP with "shopping carts" and "Merchant Accounts"
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=1205&mesg_id=1205
1205, HELP with "shopping carts" and "Merchant Accounts"
Posted by Sjones, Mon Apr-14-08 10:05 AM
Hello everyone, I am still in the infant stages of trying to get a Web site up (I am mostly afraid of not spending my $$ as wisely as possible) and as part of that I am so confused on who offers the most reasonable "shopping carts" and or "merchant accounts". It starts to get so confusing when they start listing fees, percents per transactions, no fees (but there is) and on and on.

I have spent a lot of time searching sites on the web trying to see if there was a common company that small businesses seem to use, but that hasn't helped. I know I have received comments from Web designers in the past (but I don't think I can afford a designer - I am looking at starting with Go Daddy Website Tonight!) but when you start looking at adding this and adding that - I start to glaze over with all the costs involved.

We will be starting off with selling only (2) items (which are handmade) to a very specific niche initially. Would PayPal be enough to get started until we added more products or do you gage it by sales volume?

It is the fees that seem to get you - but I need to find the best options to start out with that won't eat up our profit margin. Plus do you have to have a "shopping cart" in additional to PayPal? I guess I am also confused with the whole "check out" process.

Any and all suggestions are welcome and NEEDED NOW! :-)

Sandie