Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Daily Grind
Topic subjectlooking for help
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=109&topic_id=57&mesg_id=57
57, looking for help
Posted by darla, Fri Dec-15-06 09:16 AM
Hello everyone
I just opened a dog day care center and If any one out there does the same thing I would love to know what you are doing. I am having a hard time getting new people. I have about 16 regular dogs that come weekley, but that is not paying the bills. I dont have enough money to have anyone help me out. Im working from 6:30-7:00 monday -friday with no help. I dont have time to go out and meet people and pass out buisness cards. I have found that my clients now are getting very comfortable with me( and thats great) but they are starting to take advantage of me. They dont pick there dogs up when they say they will. They ask to drop off earler than 6:30 and I am starting to feel alittle used. What do I do? I need to make money and I need to keep everyone happy. I am getting pulled from all different way. Is this normal or do I need to get a back bone? I love what I do, but I am working so hard and not making any money. oh and people are now asking for me to watch there dogs on saturdays. And that was fine I posted that I will open from 8-3 and still peolpe are not picking up untill 4:30 (what the heck I am to be closed) Is this normal. People dont go to the doctors and expect them to stay open later just for them! If anyone has any advice I would love to have it, good or bad.
Thanks all
Jacque