Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Daily Grind
Topic subjectSmall Home Business turning Empire
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=109&topic_id=275
275, Small Home Business turning Empire
Posted by xxxf0xxxx, Thu May-02-13 06:05 PM
Hello all my new fellow business owners,

My name is fox and I own a Women's Designer Clothing & Accessories Company from my home. I actually started my company with like $5.00...lol. I already had the inventory so I had a pretty cool head start.

Its been several months and I received most of the permits and certificates because my mission is to open my store front. However, I am literally a one woman empire. I do everything from A to Z. I can't really say that I am losing my sanity, but everyday I find myself becoming more and more busy. I think I just put a whole new meaning to multi-tasking. I so wish that I was able to afford to hire at least 1 other person to assist with inventory and data entry, But since the company is still at its infancy the budgets is very very limited.

But overall, I so love what I do and I am so proud of what has been accomplished so far.....I am actually the first and only one who is a business owner in my family. My heart melts because my dad expressed how proud he is of me and he was never one to express his feeling much. WELLL....lemme no longer bore you. I just want to say I am so excited to meet new people here at Idea Cafe and share business advice and build friendships. swing on by and say hi.

Fox
Fox Spot, Women's Designer Clothing and Accessories
www.fox-spot.com

;)
276, RE: Small Home Business turning Empire
Posted by hostingdiva, Fri May-03-13 06:44 AM
Hi Fox:

Congrats!!!

Owning your own business is hard work, but it can be very rewarding.

Good luck!
~~~~~~~~
277, RE: Small Home Business turning Empire
Posted by xxxf0xxxx, Fri May-03-13 12:43 PM
Hey

Thank you so much. Untill I open up my store I will be participating in the this summers street fair/ flea markets. I am excited and I hope that this will jump start a customer list and publicity. I will be posting the dates and location info on the company website blog. so, if your a New Yorker or have some New Yorker friends and family, let them know to pass on by.

I will continue to work super hard as I am doing, my company is at it's infancy and the revenue is not at its greatest right now, but you are so right-it is so rewarding...I get excited like a little kid everytime I make a sale...lol.

Fox
www.fox-spot.com
280, RE: Small Home Business turning Empire
Posted by farmilo, Thu May-09-13 06:37 PM
Hello Fox!
My name is Robert.
AKA El Bob.
You are actually a very brave person to get into retail.
Do you have an online presence...do you sell your stuff, and other people's stuff...online?
Let me know how it's going.
And I know this is corny,
but,
just keep on keeping on.
And, how do you eat an elephant?