Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameThe Daily Grind
Topic subjectOutsourcing
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=109&topic_id=135
135, Outsourcing
Posted by rublaken, Thu Feb-28-08 06:57 AM
I had someone contact me from Africa wanting to know if I would outsource to them ad soe of the prceeds goes to an shelter in Africa. I don't know what outsourcing is. Can any on tell me.
136, RE: Outsourcing
Posted by babyjoy214, Thu Feb-28-08 09:29 AM

offshore outsourcing

DEFINITION - Offshore outsourcing, a type of business process outsourcing (BPO), is the exporting of IT-related work from the United States and other developed countries to areas of the world where there is both political stability and lower labor costs or tax savings. Outsourcing is an arrangement in which one company provides services for another company that could also be or usually have been provided in-house. Offshore simply means "any country other than your own."

-
SearchCIO.com Definition

searched it for you.. hope it helps!!

Goodluck!!

-Joy
137, RE: Outsourcing
Posted by Pepperfire, Fri Feb-29-08 06:11 AM
Obviously, outsourcing is simply giving work that you would hire out to another company specifically to this company. The first thing you need to decide is whether or not this company is capable of doing the work that you need done.

We "outsource" our farming, rather than purchase our chillies from the local vegetable exchange. The reason we do this is so that we get a stable price, stable supply and better control over what is sprayed on our fruit. In return our farmers get a guaranteed market and thus are willing to work harder at ensuring we get quality produce. We also know that our dollars are working much harder by going directly to the farmer rather than going through brokers. You will have different reasons for outsourcing, but a popular one will be for lower cost.

Of course, there is the problem of outsourcing in that it is very difficult to know whether or not the guy on the other side of the phone or email is legitimate or a scammer. And honestly, there are a lot more of those than there are legitimates contacting you. Dealing with companies in other countries, especially poor countries can be very tricky. So... how can you be sure they are legitimate? Go through the embassy of that country. If they are legitimate, they will have no problem working with both you and the embassy, it will be better for their business. If they are illegitimate, they'll run screaming.

If you want to outsource for altruistic reasons, I say go for it, but ensure that you're doing good things for both your business and theirs. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is never good business.

T

>I had someone contact me from Africa wanting to know if I
>would outsource to them ad soe of the prceeds goes to an
>shelter in Africa. I don't know what outsourcing is. Can any
>on tell me.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
257, RE: Outsourcing
Posted by nelson81mo, Wed Oct-27-10 07:46 PM
To purchase something from them? I am not sure.

http://www.fashionhandbagsline.com
handbags manufacturer and exporter in China