Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameComfort Food
Topic subjectRE: Need some direction
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=100&topic_id=112&mesg_id=133
133, RE: Need some direction
Posted by hcdjlj7, Sat Mar-01-08 01:06 PM
Hello,
I am new to this business thing myself so we are in it together. I take it you have already read through most of your mail so I will just say ditto to the encouragement and add my suggestion. Here in CA the latest thing in health care is something called a home health aide. It is someone who would help with simple tasks that a disabled or elderly person might need. For example, driving to the grocery store and putting away their packages. Simple house keeping like dusting. Another avenue to look into is parents with children that have special needs. My son is severly autistic and doing something as simple as a parent teacher conference for one of my other children is a massive task because of his unique needs. A service to me is just having someone willing to babysit a 16 yr. old man boy. Since you are in a rural area your service might be to help people in your small area get to bigger cities to provide this simple kind of service. Another avenue you may use is your closest senior citizen center or youth organization. They will quickly let you know their biggest needs it will be up to you if you want to provide that service.
Holly