Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameComfort Food
Topic subjectRE: Need some direction
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=100&topic_id=112&mesg_id=132
132, RE: Need some direction
Posted by juliarusso11, Sat Mar-01-08 10:26 AM
You sound like a good candidate for selling on the internet. I have a friend who is wildly successful working from home selling gifts online and she is in the most rural part of Alabama...so I know it can be done anywhere. I, too, started online a year ago and now have progressed to a brick and mortar retail store. That is my choice and I don't recommend it to a newbie but having been in service/retail for 30 years, I knew what to do for me.

Choosing a product to sell is the hardest just as you are struggling to find what you want to do. But start with brainstorming any ideas that come to mind. None are too crazy or out there! Don't limit your self on ideas because you can't instantly imagine their worth.
Sell other people's products--to other people who have a keen interest in those products. If you know and understand and have an affinity for those same products, it is quite easy but you don't have to like or use or know anything about a product to sell it. It helps but it is not necessary. This also pertains to services as well as products.
Take in account your skills, talents and passions to investigate services and products with a direct relation to these attributes and see if you can make a list of "niches" that can be marketed.

Don't want to make this post too long but my thoughts are that the more "stones uncovered" will give you more options to consider.

Best wishes and keep giving us your updates.
Julia