Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
CyberSchmooz
Network in Cyberschmooz Community Ask Questions Questions and Answers Share Tips Small Business Ideas List Your Business Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts Starting A Business Business Plan Biz Planning | Sample Plans Small Business Ideas Idea Name Your Biz Name Plan Your Biz Plan Financing $ Starting a Business Do It! Running your Business Marketing Tips Promotional Merchandise Marketing Tips Marketing | Sales | Customers Human Resources HR | Employees | Contractors Legal Forms & Tax Information Legal | Biz Forms Managing a Business Managing | Operations
Financing Resources Financing Your Business E Commerce & Webhosting eCommerce Take Out Info Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications Business Books Biz Books Your Own Business Small Business News Small Biz News Gen X Biz Gen X Biz Work at Home Work @ Home Business Information The Fridge - Biz Info on Ice Destress Send Awards Send Awards & Greetings Yoga At Your Desk Yoga @ Your Desk Fun Guide Guide to Find FUN Online About Idea Cafe Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe Privacy Policy Privacy Policy Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe Join Idea Cafe
Search Idea Cafe Site Directory Site Map SMARTpages.com Find a Business, Person, or
    Directions at SMARTpages
Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide


Running Your Business

Sanity Saving Ideas for Your Small Business

Save Your Sanity With a New Outlook

Take time to appreciate the forest even when you feel lost among the trees with these uplifting bits of philosophy.

The following tips were suggested by Mattie Lawson, an Idea Cafe Regular:

Apply the 80/20 Principle. The 80/20 principle has been scientifically proven - but not scientifically explained - as being applicable in all aspects of our life. Loosely defined, this principle says 80% of results come from 20% of effort or causes. Determine the vital 20% (sales, customers, services, etc.) that contribute the most to your business' success. Then, ignore or delegate the remaining trivial 80% so you can focus on the work that provides the most benefit for you.

Let Your Plan Inspire You. When you get discouraged, think about how blessed you are to have the opportunity to own your own business. It is the dream of so many but successfully accomplished by so few. The primary reason businesses fail is because of a poor business plan. If you have a good plan, follow it with confidence.

Be Inspired by Others. To be where you are today, your loved ones and many business people believed in your ability. Let that faith in you become your inspiration to hang in there for one more day. And, allow yourself to be inspired by those who will follow in your footsteps and learn from you - from your mistakes and from your failures.

Back to Running Your Business at Idea Cafe

Google      

Small Business Tax CenterIdea Cafe HomeSign UpBiz Grant CenterCyberSchmoozCoffee Talk with ExpertsPeople in Biz ProfilesStarting Your BizBiz PlanningRunning Your BizFREE Trade PublicationsMarketingFinancing Your BizHuman ResourcesLegal & Biz FormsManaging Your BizeCommerceYou and Your BizGen XWork@HomeThe FridgeDe-StressSend an AwardSend an eGreetingYoga @ Your DeskWeb GuideIdea Cafe in the NewsAbout Idea CafeAdvertise on Idea CafeContact UsPrivacy PolicySite MapSmall Biz News

Copyright 1995-2017, DevStart, Inc. Downloads are for personal use only, not for resale to others, and may not be reprinted in any form without written permission from DevStart, Inc.

DISCLAIMER: We hope whatever you find on this site is helpful, but be cautioned that it may not apply to your own situation, or be totally current at any given time. DevStart Inc. and all of its current and past experts, sponsors, advertisers, agents, contractors and advisors disclaim all warranties with regard to anything found anywhere on this family of websites, quoted from, or sent from DevStart, Inc. and its related sites, publications and companies. We also take no responsibility for comments published by others on these pages.

TRADEMARKS: The following are Registered Trademarks or Servicemarks of DevStart, Inc.: Idea Cafe®, Online Coffee Break®, The Small Business Gathering Place®, Take out Info®, Biz Bar & Grill®, Complaint-O-Meter®, A Fun Approach to Serious Business™, CyberSchmooz™, and BizCafe™.